Steffans Pink Freshwater Cultured Pearl Bracelet
This beautiful pearl bracelet is the epitome of elegance and style, featuring pink freshwater cultured pearls complemented with a sterling silver lobster clasp. The unique fastening also allows the size to be adjusted to either 6 or 7 inches for a more comfortable fit.
This season the pearl is the jewel of choice. A symbol of love and harmony, designers across the globe are paying homage to its beauty and lustre. Whether used to create the oversized statement pieces at Chanel or dramatic embellishments at Alexander McQueen the pearl takes centre stage this season.
About Freshwater Cultured Pearls
The pearls most commonly worn today are cultured pearls, their existence are initiated by humans who insert a bead or other object into an oyster or clam. The clam coats the foreigner with nacre, the patina that gives pearls their unique appearance. The depth of the nacre coating depends on the type of creature involved, the water it lives in, and how long the intruder is left in place before it is removed. As nacre thickness increases, so does the quality and durability of the pearl.
There is much folklore and tradition about the pearl. In fact so much history accompanies this stone that five months claim it as a birthstone - February, April, June (traditional), July and November. The pearl is an astral stone for the signs Gemini and Cancer, and astrologers link it to the moon. It was said in some early cultures that the pearl was born when a single drop of rain fell from the heavens and became the heart of the oyster. Pearls have been called the 'teardrops of the moon'.
How to Wear
Pearl earrings are classic and versatile so can be worn dressed up with matching pieces or simply by themselves. Why not wear this with some of our elegant pink freshwater pearl earrings!
How to Care For your Pearl Earrings
Pearls, including cultured, are more fragile than most other gemstones so they should be handled carefully to keep them at their best! A few top tips:
- Your pearls will stay cleaner if you put them on after you've applied cosmetics such as perfume
- Wipe your pearls with a soft, lint-free cloth as soon as you take them off.
- Pearls can be cleaned with a mild soap and water solution
- Never clean your pearls with solutions that contain ammonia or harsh detergents.
- Don't use abrasive cleaners or rub pearls with abrasive cloth. Both can wear away the nacre coating, leaving you with a dull looking bead.
- Store carefully and seperately in a jewellery box, do not allow them to rub against other items
- Material: Freshwater cultured pearls with sterling silver fastening
- Colour: Pink
- Adjustable size: 6 to 7 inches
Pearls Of Wisdom
To celebrate this timeless jewel Steffan's are giving away it's 'Pearls of Wisdom' stud earrings worth £29.95 with every purchase over £50 both in store and online. The Pearls of Wisdom offer runs between 1st November 2013 to 25th December 2013. Terms and Conditions apply.
Product Ref: D001 – BLT PINK
Connection problem to Feefo server.